People not pills.
Common sense is redeemed.
What most people already knew is now scientific truth.
1. People make a difference in other people’s lives. Being listened to makes a difference. Even in the worst of circumstances we are not so damaged that other people don’t make a difference. The “other scientific truth” would tell you that for some people that is not so.
2. People can do better. They can find, develop and maintain a better life.
3. The things that make things better can happen in the community someone lives in. Hospitalization does not meet the long term needs of anyone.
4. Solutions that make life miserable are not for most people solutions. 75% of the people who are prescribed psychiatric medication stop taking it because of the impact it has on their lives.
5. Any solution based on doing something most people…
View original post 134 more words